Saturday, August 30, 2008

Electrical Storm

Thursday night we had an incredible storm, the likes of which I had never seen before. See for yourself:

This was the first of two big storms that passed over us. It was really quite amazing. Zach and I turned off all the lights and sat with our front window open to watch it. Zach had been outside in the rain getting wet so he decided that he needed some hot chocolate. (I tried to remind him that it is still August in Arizona but he was so excited that he felt cold for a second that he made it anyway.) After a little while the storm started to move away from us and we started to see some amazing lightning flashes. I ran outside to try and catch some of them and I got lucky. I hope you can see them. I remember Aunt Janet talking about the amazing lightning storms that she would see when she was a missionary and I've seen some good ones down in Safford but I've never seen one like this. Zach said it was the end of the world but I'm hoping that the end of the world is a little more cheerful than that, what with the Savior coming back and all.





3 comments:

Tessa said...

Shanzi...

These are amazing!!!! I cannot believe you got such amazing pictures! I am just glad that you didnt get struck by some lightning!

"Let's see colours that have never been seen
Let's go to places no one else has been

You're in my mind all of the time
I know that's not enough
Well if the sky can crack, there must be some way back
To love and only love

Electrical Storm"

I love how we both love to name our posts after U2 songs... hmmm we must be sisters!

azsmith said...

You are becoming an amazing photographer, such great shots of the lightening. It has such power, best watched from inside, or in your car. I'm glad you got to experience it, safely!

Preston Smith said...

that storm was mad! thats all I have to say about that!