Thursday, December 11, 2008

Texas, Here I Come!!

I'm going to Texas. I got my first interview for PA school at Texas Tech in Midland, TX. Yes, I know that the main campus of Texas Tech is in Lubbock but the PT school is in Midland. I know it's just an interview and I'm not accepted but I didn't even expect to get an interview with Texas Tech so I'm very excited. The blessed event will be on January 6th and it's an all day thing. My mom has kindly offered to go with me. (I still can't figure out when in the heck I got old enough to do this stuff by myself.)

This is the letter:

December 8, 2008

Dear Prospective Student:

Congratulations! Your application to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Allied Health Sciences, Physician Assistant Program has been processed and reviewed. We are pleased to invite you to participate in an interview to select candidates for admittance into the class that will matriculate in May 2009.

Interviews are being conducted on Tuesday, January 6, 2008 at the TTUHSC Physician Assistant Program on the campus of Midland College in Midland, Texas. Orientation will begin promptly at 8:30 AM and interviews will be held throughout the day from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM in the Dorothy and Todd Aaron Medical Sciences Building. You are expected to be present for orientation and assignment of your interview times. You will sit through 3, one-on-one interviews with PA faculty members. Each interview will last no longer than 15 minutes.

Current students will be on hand to answer questions, give tours, etc. Light refreshments will be served and there are several restaurants in close proximity for lunch.

It is important that you RSVP to this invitation by 12:00 p.m. Friday, December 19, 2008 by calling or replying by email to:

dawn.jankowski@ttuhsc.edu

If you have any updated transcripts, please send them to:

TTUHSC SOAHS

3601 4th St MS 6294

Lubbock TX 79430

Attached to this email you will find a list of local hotels and restaurants as well as directions from the Midland International Airport to the Midland College Campus.

Congratulations! We look forward to meeting you on January 6th!

On a funny note, upon hearing that I had an interview in Midland, my father contacted a real estate agent the very next day and had her email him a listing of about 25 houses that are for sale in the area! Oh how I love my father!

On a serious note, I'm actually scared to death so any little prayers would greatly help.

Here's to life and it's little victories! Yay Texas!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats Shannon! You know we are lovers of Texas. It's a great place.

I actually just googled Midland, we'd only be a short 5 hours apart. Who knows, maybe one day you'd have reason to visit Dallas!

Good luck on your interview, they'll probably love that you speak spanish!

Richard and Chelsey said...

That is so awesome. We might end up in Texas too at Baylor University. We haven't heard anything yet. Good luck with the interview.

Sarah B. said...

YAY Texas is right! Good luck!! Love you lots!