Monday, December 1, 2008

The Best Thanksgiving Ever

This Thanksgiving was the first Thanksgiving I've had with my family in 4 years. I was so excited about it beforehand I could hardly stand it. I'd been dreaming of my mom's rolls and mashed potatoes and gravy! There is always a chance that you're memories are better than the actual food but this year did not disappoint. Everything was amazing. Our cousins the Detlors were down as well and we all had a blast. There were lots of games, movies, shopping, solving the world's problems and sleeping. You can't get better than that.

Dad carved the turkey.

Mom and Mary did everything else.

It was sooooo goooood!

This was dessert. This isn't even all of the pies.

This is what was left after just the first round.

There were several funny moments this weekend. During dinner I asked who wrote the song "Blowin in the wind." Tessa responded, "Bob Dylan slash Robert Zimmerman." Dad then responded, "They wrote it together?"

Keenan was also very entertaining. He really wanted to play Pit. At one point he was very frustrated that no one would play with him and proceeded to shout, "I want to play Pit, JANET!" Only he didn't really say Janet but something that sounded similar. Keenan is 6. We asked him after what he had said and he swore that he said Janet. We still have our doubts.

During one of our 12:30 AM Rook marathons, Zach was having quite a hard time focusing and decided he needed some brain food. He went and got some cranberry muffins with the special cranberry muffin sauce. The sauce is made of butter, cream and sugar. It's called celestial sauce. After finishing the muffins, Zach proceeded to tell me that I needed to learn to make the sauce because he's very excited about the many things he can put it on: pancakes, quesadillas. . .


We were surprised by a visit from my very good friends Ashley and Richie. I haven't seen them in quite a while so I was very excited that they were down for Thanksgiving and came over. We had a great time reminiscing.


This was the sunset on the way home on Sunday. It was such a fun weekend that I didn't even mind going back to work today! And that's saying something.

2 comments:

azsmith said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! We loved having you here after four years! You're pictures are great, except the one of me....I love reading your blog!

Sarah B. said...

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE your family? Love you lots!!