Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Christmas Weekend

This last weekend was the Smith Christmas Weekend. Every year sometime in December my family comes down to Phoenix and we play around for the weekend. This year was a great one! It started, for me, on Friday. I took the day off to go Christmas tree hunting with my mom and dad (more on that later). We went up by Payson to find our tree. It was a very nice day with a few weird twists. One of which was seeing Santa Clause get pulled over for speeding. Anyway, the road we took was right along the Mogollon Rim. Beautiful!



If you look closely you can see my father's head peeking out from behind the rock. Mom and I tried to get him to stay away from the edge but Squareknot can't shy away from adventure!

A very cool stump we found.

We got back into town in the early evening and Tessa was already here. We sat around for a while and contemplated how the tree we had cut for me took up half of my living room (again, more on that later). Then we met up with Preston, Mindi and Homer for dinner at the George and Dragon or, as Preston calls it, the Georgian Dragon. It had some traditional English food. I had the pasty. It was gooooood!

After the Dragon it was back to our house for ice cream and the typical Smith conversation. Zach fell asleep pretty early on. He's still getting the hang of our amazing ability to talk for hours on end.

The next morning was a blast as well. Zach got a call during dinner on Friday from the ward exective secretary wanting to know if we could come to tithing settlement at 8:30 AM and he actually agreed to it. It turned out to be a good thing because we got up and going early. As soon as we were done with that, Dad, Tessa and I headed to Target for some Mt Graham Family Practice Christmas party auction shopping. It was great! 5 carts, $2000, and a target credit card debacle later we were out of there. It was very intersting as we checked out to see that each of our carts reflected our own personalities. Just imagine what was in Lynn's cart!

Once that was over we headed to Costco for some sample tasting and jelly bean buying. There were some good samples on Saturday!


This is us at lunch at Rubios after Costco. We convinced Preston to let us eat at a chain restaurant. He may not appreciate me posting the evidence of that on my blog but I like the picture so there you go.

Our next stop was Tempe Marketplace for the annual $5 gift search. I'd go in to a little more detail but you can see the evidence below. I think I got the coolest gift!

We were all pretty tired by then but it wasn't over yet! We had a slideshow of Preston and Mindi's trip to Ireland and let's just say that I'm jelous and now want to go to Ireland. We ordered pizza for dinner and my good friends Richie and Ashley came over so that they could go to Jesterz with us. It was a great show! Preston was in rare form. Those of you who weren't there really missed out because all of us got to see Preston with a tooshey! (If you want more details, ask me later.)

Sunday was a good day as well. Tessa stayed and hung out with us. We made peanut blossom cookies with lots of different kinds of Hershey Kisses. I recommend the hot cocoa or cheescake kinds. They went the best. We had a good game of Scattergories and Clue.

The last part of the day was a trip to see the Mesa Temple lights. They were gorgeous, as usual.

Isn't she gorgeous!

So that's my very long post about my amazing weekend. It was such fun and really put me in the Christmas spirit! Thanks family of mine for everything and Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

That definately was a great weekend!