Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Weekend

As many of you may know, I'm applying to graduate school to become either a physician assistant or physical therapist. I'm very excited about both and have spend almost all of my free time looking up schools and getting my application ready. It's a lot harder than you think because there are so many little details that go into an application. I still have lots to do and since it's getting kind of down to the wire I took Friday off work and went down to Safford to get some very important things done. I wasn't able to do all of them but I did get most of them and I even got to shadow my dad while he saw patients. It was great! I can't wait to start school again and learn some of this stuff.

Here are a few highlights of the weekend:

My parents have become avid bike riders and my dad woke me up on Saturday at about 8:30 AM and we went for a 10 mile bike ride!

Mom is in Utah so Dad was in charge of lunch. He made macaroni and cheese. It was amazing!!
This is Tessa's second batch of mint brownies. Yes, they taste as good as they look!
How on earth could you say no to either of these faces. Should I have kids some day I hope they can't do this because I'm done for.

6 comments:

Aaron Smith said...

I don't know about the puppy faces, but my kids manage to buy me off with mac and cheese fairly often ;)

Tessa said...

... Unforunately the dad in this situation can do it way better than the kid therefore making my attempts useless because he just gives the look back and I cave... so really shanzi you need to start perfecting yours!

It was great to have you home... mucho love!

Richard and Chelsey said...

Hey, I didn't know that you were going to apply for physical therapy. Richard is filling out his application for PT at NAU. I hope that we get in because everywhere else is so expensive. Where are you applying to?

Lindsy said...

Now I know who to ask for help when I start my apps for grad school. Good luck!!

Sarah B. said...

Hey lovely! Your blog always makes me miss Safford. Of course, mostly because I want to see you...duh. But I will say that mac n' cheese makes me want to buy a plane ticket right now. Good luck with your applications, dear. We love you!

Lindsay said...

You go Girl! I know you'll do awesome either road you choose! And umm those brownies good yum- cut me a slice. I miss eating at your house. there was always something good to find:)