Monday, August 30, 2010

Triathlon

This last weekend Zach and I swam/biked/ran our first triathlon. It was a small even in the valley and we had a blast. We swam 600 meters, biked 15 miles and ran a 5 K. Below is evidence that we actually participated. Thanks to my mother for sticking with us the whole time so we could have some pictures!
This is us before the swim.
Zach swimming. He was easy to pick out because he was the really white one.
Zach in his first transition. Squareknot even let him use his bike. Ooooooo.
This is me swimming.
Me about half way through the bike. Check out all the cool gear: gloves, helmet, sunglasses, camelback, ipod. I was so cool. Zach finished before I even started so Squareknot was nice enough to bike and run with me.
Me finishing my run.
Me after the run. I'm still standing and I actually felt great!
Both of us at the end. Zach has been done for a good 3 hours but I had just finished.
Zach ended up getting 22 overall for the boys. I don't know what I got. I was just pretty proud that I finished and that I wasn't exhausted or dead afterwards. I'd love to do another one and set some sort of goal. I took this one pretty easy because I wanted to make sure I could actually do it without dying. Life goal accomplished!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Allisun said...

Jealousy! you guys are triathalon ninjas!!!

LucyH said...

Wow, I'm totally proud of you!!! Are you still in AZ? There is a sprint triathalon in Casa grande on Nov. 6th or something. It's 400meter swim, 10 mile bike, and 5 k run. You should come and triathalon with me!!! They are so fun!

JP and TJ said...

Awesome!

Sarah B. said...

Nice job, guys! I am so impressed and proud!!