Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Millions of Peaches

This past week my parents came up to the valley to catch a flight to Boston. The night before they came my Mom told me that she was going out back to get me some peaches. I invisioned a small grocery sized bag with a few peaches in it. I was wrong. Whem my Mother says she's bringing you peaches, beware! I ended up with a huge luggage sized bag 2/3 full of peaches. Well, I was determined to use them as I have not in the past. As a result, I created/copied a few culinary masterpieces. They were delicious!

This is a Phyllo Fruit Tart from Gina's WW Recipes. It's like fruit pizza but the crust is Phyllo dough and the top is drizzled with white chocolate. Healthy, easy, delicious! What more can you ask for. Preston, Mindi, Zach and I polished this baby off in one sitting!
This is a peach cobbler recipe that I found on all recipes.com. 745 people had reviewed it and given it 4.5 stars. I figured 745 people couldn't be wrong so I gave it a try. It was awesome!
I've also been baking peach bread and muffins all week for freezing and this little man has been my helper.
I don't usually share recipes because, let's face it, I'm not a good cook but these were so good (Tessa standard) and pretty that I wanted everyone to know about them. I do have to say that I don't want to see another peach for a very very long time.

3 comments:

considertessa said...

That fruit pizza is all I want in life at this moment. You are way better than me. I could not make anything that beautiful. Love you!

azsmith said...

That fruit pizza does look amazing! Sorry I brought you so many, just know that it wasn't all that were on the tree! I hope I don't miss all of them! All those recipes look delicious!

Lindsy said...

Shan- Feel free to pawn some of this peachy goodness off on me. The pizza looks particularly yummy. :)