Thursday, October 28, 2010

Supermen

Last weekend Zach and Squareknot did a triathlon at Lake Powell. It was awesome! They both did such a great job and didn't even finish last. Mom and I were there the whole time watching, running back and forth from the swimming station to the biking station to the running station. Then there was a lot of standing around which would have been wonderful...except that it was pouring rain almost the entire time we were out there. I think I shivered so much that I burned as many calories as the men did throughout the triathlon.

Mom and I had planned on casually watching as we sipped our hot chocolate by the fire but that was not going to happen. Who knew triathlon spectating was such hard work!
Zach and Squareknot before the race.
Squareknot as he finished the swim. He wasn't last! He was only 4th to last.
Zach sticking out his tongue at the end of the bike. You may think he's doing that because he's tired but really he's drinking the rain water that is coming down. He doesn't want to have to stop to hydrate!
Squareknot racing to the finish!

Really, it was an awesome trip and I'm so proud of these Supermen for doing so well in really awful conditions! They've inspired me to do another one!


6 comments:

azsmith said...

Great pics Shanz....glad you included the one of us sitting by the fire, although that was only a small moment of the day, we should have taken one of us standing there drenched! Oh well, it's still very clear in my mind! Thanks for a great blog post!

LucyH said...

Awesome! There is a Casa GRande sprint triathalon on nov. 6th that I think is right up your alley!!

Amy said...

Way to go!

Kamala Crockett said...

Wow I'm impressed! Now that I had the baby I want to get in shape and do a sprint tri. Only problem Chad and I stink at swimming! Oh and I guess Chad sold my bike to buy his bow so that could be a problem!

Mindi Smith said...

what do I love more than these pictures??? Not many things.

JessWilson said...

I love it!! I'm so glad that they did Lake Powell, I heard it was a good one. Maybe someday we can do a "Smith Tri". That would be awesome! Way to go guys!