Monday, June 14, 2010

Brains


Today I played with brains. It was my first day of PA school and let me just share a few thoughts. My first class at 7:00 AM today was anatomy. Let me just say that my first thought, as my professor started lecturing, was, "How do I take notes?" That does not bode well.

Next, was anatomy lab. That class consisted of the professor asking questions to which I responded, "I have absolutely no idea," or "I have never learned that," or "I didn't know we had those!"

Lunch was ok. I worked up the nerve to sit at a table with a bunch of people in my lab group. They all knew each other but none of them knew me and I knew none of them. I ate my lunch and off I went as they continued with their conversation.

Physiology came next. I was feeling better when I finished early and took off for home. I was in my shorts and tshirt and getting ready to do a little relaxing when I realized I had left my power cord for my computer at the school. The next hour was spent retrieving it (thank you Tessa). Now I am home already feeling guilty that I'm not studying. I think I just learned what it really feels like to be overwhelmed.

8 comments:

Sarah B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah B. said...

BIG HUG from Wyoming! I love you!!

Lindsy said...

You are a rockstar. You will dominate. :)

Aaron Smith said...

Pursuing knowledge should always best when it's uncomfortable and perhaps slightly painful. It keeps you sharp, humble, and open minded.

I feel your pain in anatomy. It's literally like learning a second language. No one would expect you to learn French overnight. You have an ENTIRE semester... painful ;)

azsmith said...

Shannon you are going to love this, just think of all the folds you will putting into that brain!

JP and TJ said...

Awesome! You are gonna do great!

Richard and Chelsey said...

Richard will be there in two months and won't know anyone either, maybe you'll have lunch at the same time and you guys can be friends. Richard has not taken any classes for 2 years and those were easy classes, it will a bit of a wake up call for him i think,

Chellor said...

I love braaaaaiiiinnnsss..... and zombies.

And you being a ninja student!