Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day


This is my dad.  He's a superhero.  Now, not everyone is lucky enough to have a superhero for a dad.  I am.  Since today is Father's Day, I thought I'd take the time to tell everyone a little bit about him.

Squareknot has many super powers:

Life Saving.  Squareknot worked very hard and sacrificed much to develop this power.  As a child I remember Squareknot ripping the ears off my stuffed bunny so he could practice sewing them back on.  This is the level of commitment he has shown to his super power of life saving.  I hope one day to be as good at saving lives as he is.  

Teaching.  This may seem like a strange super power but that is because it is so rare these days.  Being a teacher is one of SK's greatest powers.  He is always teaching.  Growing up I sometimes didn't appreciate being woken up at 6:00 am on a Saturday etc. but I now know that Squareknot was using his superpower to help me learn important lessons.  

Defying Death. Squareknot has defied death many times.  Just ask him.  He's been in snowstorms on the top of a mountain and almost died...but didn't.  He's gone on an 18 mile hike with a  98% blocked artery in his heart and almost died...but didn't.  I highly encourage anyone to ask Squareknot about his superpower of defying death; just make sure you have lots of time to listen.  I'm glad I've had the chance to witness some of these events because it has given me a love of adventure!

These are just 3 of Squareknot's superpowers.  A few others are cooking, knot tying, working, knowledge, wisdom, story telling, encouraging and the list goes on and on.  If you want to learn more, check out his super hero tutorial.

 Happy Father's Day Squareknot!  You sure are my hero!

1 comment:

azsmith said...

From squareknot Great post I almost died when I read It thanks