Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Birthweek

Yesterday was my birthday.  It was a great day but the great thing about it was that it was the end of about a week long celebration.

Last Thursday Mom and Dad, Tessa and Zach surprised me with a trip to the Melting Pot.  I've always wanted to go there.  It was amazing!  We spent almost 3 hours eating.  Who could ask for anything better?
We started with 2 kinds of cheese and breads and veggies and chips.  Then we moved on to the main course.    This is Zach with his tempura battered broccoli.  
Mumsy and Papi at the end of the dinner portion.  They look like they are in a food coma because they are.
I got 5 chocolate covered strawberries that were as big as my head.  They went great with the white chocolate fondu and the smores fondu.  It was awesome!!!
On Saturday Zach's mom and dad came down and took us out to dinner.  We went to a little burger joint in Scottsdale called Delux.  It was awesome.  The chi was amazing and they had some of the best french fries I've ever had!
Monday night Tessa came over and read me Dr. Seuss's happy birthday story.  All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not 3 baked potatoes.
Tuesday morning Zach woke me up with breakfast in bed.  He made cottage cheese pancakes!  I spent a day at school.  My school friends took me out to lunch.  Then for dinner we did the traditional Joe's restaurant trifecta starting at Joe's Farm Grill.  
Desert of Salt River bars at Liberty Market.
And dinner for today at Joe's BBQ.
It was a great birthweek.  What more can a girl ask for?

5 comments:

Mindi Smith said...

i love that everything is about food. Food is good.

Shannon said...

Ha! I just realized that I'm wearing the same shirt in all the photos. Awesome!

azsmith said...

Sounds like a great week... glad we got to be there for a small part of it!

Kenningtons said...

Happy birthday!!! It looks like you had an amazing birthweek.

VH said...

Shannon, I haven't checked your blog in a while but finally did and loved this post for many reasons:

1-Birthdays are great.
2-Joe's BBQ is delicious
3-You have great hair.

Love to you, hermanita! (you'll always be an hermana to me!)