Monday, September 28, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

It has been quite a while since I last posted. Let me see if I can catch everyone up. I stopped working at my old job and have been enjoying some home time. Since I last posted we have managed to blow the engine in Lucia, my Mazda (not my fault), fix it, wreck it and fix it again. In the mean time we traded in our old Saturn for a new 2008 Nissan Sentra. Her name is Iggy and I love her. Not only is she beautiful but she was a great deal!!!
We also helped my brother and sister in law move into a new house and got the exciting news that we are going to have a nephew. Mindi found out that she is having a little boy! We are very excited and have already began spoiling the child with cloths and stuffed animals. Mindi is 5 months pregnant. We are so excited for Preston and Mindi and can't wait to welcome little Jude or whatever name they decide on into the world.
I have also continued my quest for PA schools. As everyone knows I was accepted to Albany Medical College earlier this year and I just found out that I've been accepted to AT Still University's PA program here in Mesa. So now the question is...do I stay here in my beloved Arizona and start school in June of 2010....

or do I venture completely out of my comfort zone and try a brand new city where we have no family or friends or anything really and start at a brand new school in January????

I am well aware that the decision is ultimately mine and Zach's but if anyone has any constructive advice, I'd be very open to hearing it. I have to decide within about a week and needless to say, I'm a little bit stressed.

9 comments:

Erin said...

I'm going to go ahead and give you my thoughts...as we are experiencing graduate school and being "away". Not that they are worth much but..

The low cost of tuition here in Texas has meant more to us than we had initially realized. I don't know how your financial situation will be, but knowing that we are coming out with much less debt than fellow medical students leaves a lot more doors open. We are also not as stressed as I think others may be in our shoes.

Also, we have thoroughly enjoyed being away from family. It is difficult yes, but I think we have grown more because of it. Do I want to end up in Utah? Yes, but this time away has been invaluable for us.

I'm sure there's a lot more that goes into it for you guys, and I don't know tuition costs, but those are my thoughts.

Good luck with your decision, I have no doubt you'll succeed wherever you end up.

Sarah B. said...

I have no constructive advice whatsoever. Does that help you?! :-) I just want you to know that we'll be praying for you guys and I love you. And by the way,congratulations on the acceptance - you are amazing!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

My thoughts are this:

You know Brandon and I and how we prefer to be away from our families, and we also love the adventure of a new place.

At the same time though, if we had your family as our family, we wouldn't go anywhere. In fact, we have always said if we ever move back it is because we want to live by the Smith's and no one else, because we consider ya'll our family more than our own most the time!

So there, now I have left you more confused! But seriously... things aren't ever permanent and the adventure and growth is awesome. Good luck with your decision and be very prayerful! (No doubts there.)

LucyH said...

Do whatever will keep you out of debt the most. Of course I will always be selfish and say stay in AZ!

Aaron Smith said...

Always better to move out of the comfort zone ;) Plus, Albany is awesome!

Kenningtons said...

I say go to Albany! It really would be a once in a lifetime experience and you can always move back to AZ. Plus, you will be that much closer to Stacy.....!!!! I'm excited to read about what you two decide. Good luck in your decision making process. Congrats to Mindi and Preston!!!!!

Aaron Smith said...

Well, congratulations on deciding then :) I'm biased (because I love the cold), but I'm sure you'll love it! First thing Avyrlie asked when we stopped was if she could make beautiful snow angels. Over-the-top cute sometimes ;)

Lindsy said...

Wow! Tough choice. I would embrace the challenge and go to Albany! Think of all the new experiences you'd have! BUT, AT Still has a great program, too. I'm sure you'll make the choice that's right for you and Zach. Good luck!

Kenningtons said...

Did you make a decision? NY??? I think that's what my mom told me but I wasn't sure if it was all truth.